Monday, 19 December 2016

My Graduation Day!!!

This has to be one of my proudest moments to date.

My Graduation Day!

I have officially graduated from university!!!  This is just surreal.


Over the years that I've been at university, there have been so many hurdles, obstacles and challenges which have completely pushed me to my absolute limits.  There have been oh so many tears, rants, screams, frustrated sighs, many many yawns from lack of sleep.

But there have also been some absolutely incredible moments.  Tears of happiness, that relief of submitting assignments and then receiving grades.  I've met I don't know how many amazing people and have made life long friendships.

The amount of new skills I've been able to pick up along the way is unreal and they're ones that I'll be able to use now and in the future.  Granted I still don't understand why Photoshop likes crashing on me all the time but 'm sure we'll move past that!!

I've also grown so much as a person.  When I think back to what I was like when I first started university and now look at the person I am today, I've changed and grown so much.

I am just really proud of myself and everything that I have achieved!

On Saturday was my Graduation Ceremony and the weather was threatening to rain but amazingly this didn't happen and we have such a lovely day to celebrate our time at university.  It was surreal that this day had finally arrived and getting ready in the morning, it just felt different to any other day where I was getting ready for something important.

I wore a dress from Jeans West.  I remember seeing it in the shop window and told mum about it not long after!  It was an Alessia Halter Broderie dress and the fabric detailing was just so beautiful.  I found it quite amusing as once I had it home and tried it on to show everything, it reminded me of how similar my Grade 12 Graduation was to this.  I had worn a white dress with lace like detailing at the bottom hem and they look like they could be related!  It's funny how history can repeat itself!

I had bought a pair of white sandals to wear but when I put everything together, decided to wear my old yet very trusty black flats.  These flats have been through a lot with me.  My Grade 10 and 12 Graduation, countless music competitions and presentations, my Graduating Exhibition and now for my university graduation day.  I kept my makeup as I normally would because it is what I felt comfortable with and didn't want to rock up looking like a completely different person!!  I straightened my hair and left it down as I knew with the mortar board (fancy hats) we'd need to wear, I needed to have my hair down or  would not have worked!

I had some help getting into my gown and everything, the hood (pink bit of my outfit) I had no idea how it was meant to go and it was eventually pinned into place so it didn't move!  Being dressed in everything made the day seem more real if that makes sense.  Again, very surreal.


We stood in lines for the Town and Gown Procession but when we started to move we all got jumbled up hahaha!  It was funny to see all the people in town looking at us.  Some were there to watched their loved ones graduating and some clearly had no idea that hundreds and hundreds or Hogwarts looking people would be walking through town!  I think we messed up their Christmas shopping a bit!

When the walk was over we somewhat made our way back to our lines so it would be easy to sit down.  I was walking into Albert Hall and saw my mum, dad and older brother and I can't describe what I was feeling.  It was just amazing.

The ceremony itself was nice, there were a few laughs, some lovely music and it was crazy to see how many people were graduating in their respective degrees!  I was in row M so had a bit of time before it was my time to walk across the stage.  When it was my time to leave my seat I sent my fam a quick smile and then got worried about my Mortar Board.  It felt like it was going to fall off and I wish I had just putted it towards my face a bit more!!

I didn't trip walking up the stairs or when I had to walk across the stage and didn't stack it walking down the other set of stairs so round of applause for me!  I was able to see the photo of me up on stage and I am pleased to say I didn't look like a stunned mullet!!

When I left the stage, a lady congratulated me on my graduation and also of becoming a University of Tasmania Alumni.  I was given a little pouch and then a man shook my hand, congratulated me and I was handed an envelope would help my certificate!  I was about to walk  up the isle towards my seat when another hand was held out for me to shake and I saw a guy who I had gone to high school and college with and I was very surprised but it was also so very kind of him!

I made it back to my seat and my family looked so proud.  I'm getting emotional thinking back on it!!

After the ceremony was completed, we went out to the park to take photos and the wind decided to make an appearance.  I have quite a few outtake photos and they're quite funny!!

I can also see and understand why the throwing of the hats is something which they don't get us to do for health and safety.   My hat went flying and then hit the girl next to me right on the top of her head, and they're quite pointy and solid those fancy hats!

I spent the rest of the day with my family and then morning after we went out to breakfast which I just loved.  All in all, it was an incredible weekend!


If you're still reading, I just want to say a massive thank you to all of you who had sent me messages of congratulations.  If I could give you all a hug and say thank you in person, I would in a heat beat!  And another thank you for all your support and words of encouragement over the years.  I can't thank you enough.

Until next time, keep smiling and don't get your tinsel in a tangle ;)   Em xx

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x 

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations once again! I bet it is an amazing feeling to finally graduate. Also, you look amazing and so happy in all of these photos! x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Leta!! It's very surreal hahahah aww you're too sweet, but yes I was pretty happy hahah!! Em xx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, such a huge achievement you should be super proud of yourself! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I am still pretty chuffed with myself hahaha Em xx

      Delete
  3. Aww, massive congratulations! I know I only know you through your blog, but I know you've worked so hard for this moment and so you deserve it. You looked beautiful, judging from your photos, and it looked like you really enjoyed your Graduation Day; as you should! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aimee thank you so much!! :) means a lot! It was an amazing day, can't wait to see what happens in the future!!! Em xx

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, Emma! It's great to hear that you have gotten so much from University and have grown. I'm graduating this year and I can't wait to discover more of myself and the world. Well, I'm also shooting for grad school so maybe I'm not all out of school just yet. Good luck from this point forward and best wishes!

    Ron | Nearby Wanderer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ron!! I wish you the best of luck with your year ahead!! Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx