Monday, 23 January 2017

A Positive Start To The New Week

Today is Monday.  For me this is the start of a new week.  Time to start afresh, start the week off as you want the rest of the week to follow.

Embrace Monday.


I've said this before in a previous post that people give Monday a hard time and I still think this is true.  The weekend is over, fun and sleep ins are over and it's back to work or school.  But we have a brand new week!  New adventures, new opportunities - and that is exciting!

Now that I'm no longer a student, I don't have to deal with 9am lectures on a Monday which is both a good and bad thing.  I find that I don't want to sleep in anymore on weekdays and would much rather be up and dressed and ready to smash the day out instead of wasting time.  But then on the other hand, because I don't have anywhere to be I'll fall into the trap of getting sucked into my laptop and then a sizeable chunk of the day is gone!!

Currently I have been up since 5:30am.  Yes you heard that correctly.  5:30.  On a Monday, and I don't even have a job to get to!  I'm listening to the radio actually.  My musical friend Jasmine and myself are trying to win tickets to an Ed Sheeran gig and if that means waking up quite early to be prepared that's what we'll do!

I think it's going to be interesting how the rest of my day goes once we've done the entering.  But that's the challenge isn't it?  Embrace the day no matter what has happened and make the most of the day!


I am a big lover of lists and have daily ones which I like to try and complete.  Sometimes I'm a little ambitious but giving yourself a little challenge is always a good thing!  Whether its household things that need to be done or if you want to bake or do some exercise, write it down and then take pride in ticking it off!

That is such a satisfying thing, at the end of the day seeing everything, not matter the size of what you have achieved in the day!!

So I'm starting my Monday off a little differently (ah the hours we wake up to try and win tickets!!) but I am still going to have a productive one!  Items have been ticked off my list already and I'm hoping the rest of the day is a good one!

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x

6 comments:

  1. I'm currently in the same position where I don't really have to ne anywhere at a certain time - I just graduated from high school at the end of 2016 and am now on a gap year :) But still, I like to get up early (I'm a morning person anyway so that's easy for me), plan my day and make sure I don't have one lazy day after another x

    Sara’sChapters

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mornings can sometimes be the most beautiful time of day I've found and I just miss out on seeing the beauty when I'm tucked up on bed!!! I think now that I'm older I feel guilty when I have lazy days, just feels like the day has been wasted!! Em xx

      Delete
  2. If it's Ed we're talking about, I would stay up all night just to win those tickets, haha. I love the man and his music. Anyways, I am happy to see that there are fellow people like me who enjoy Mondays and the fact that they are kind of like a fresh, new start. I like making to-do list and ticking off those tasks. I hope that you'll have a very productive and great week!

    P.S. Did you win those tickets by any chance? ;)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's the musical genius Ed!!! I love starting the working week off on a positive foot, really can help set the tone for the rest of the day and then the rest of the week!! We sadly didn't win the tickets but that won't stop us from trying hahahah Em xx

      Delete
  3. Love this post - I see Monday as a fresh start, a chance to change things if they need changing, and make it a great week! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A positive start to the working week can make so much of a difference! Monday is probably my favourite day of the week, purely because it's a fresh start!! Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx