Friday, 6 January 2017

My 2016

I genuinely feel like 2016 flew right by.  It's been kind of a blur with highs and lows, happiness and tears, everything and anything in between and now it's 2017 and I genuinely don't know where the time has gone!

I'm going to admit that I always cringe when I say wow time has gone by so fast but in all honesty the year has just been and gone in a flash!  Especially these last few months, I feel like it's been a mush of days, emotions and now we're in the New Year!


So 2016.  Let us see what you were all about...  But without going into essay like detail because no one wants to read an essay hahahah


Life
I specifically recall on the 1st of January it was stinking hot.  What a great way to welcome another year!  And I'm not all that keen on the heat, like I like warmth but if I can't cool down then I am not one happy chappy and it was stinking hot so you can imagine what I was like!

My year was full of university, music, family, friends, a little bit of travel and did I mention university??!  University was a huge part of 2016, but I'll try to keep it short when I get to it!

I continued playing clarinet and had some amazing opportunities through this.  I was able to be a tutor in a performing arts summer school and it was so much fun tutoring the younger musicians!  Was also a lot of fun playing a teacher from outer space in one of the pieces hahahah

I went to Sydney (for the first time) to perform in music competitions, and while I've done quite a few competitions over my many years of playing clarinet, it's just amazing to perform in different venues, meet new people and also be able to see another part of Australia!I saw so many iconic structures and locations and it was amazing, just amazing!

Probably my most favourite music moment this year was late ish in the year when we participated at in A-Grade level and played a piece of music called Angels In The Architecture.  You've probably heard me ramble on about this piece but if you haven't, it has a pretty exposed clarinet solo in it and your gal got to do that solo!  I was terrified.  Absolutely terrified and I didn't fully learn the solo until the week before the competition!!  I was so incredibly proud of myself for getting through that solo, just so proud.  Granted I was shaking like crazy and was as stiff as a board but I got through it and made myself proud, my parents, my conductor and band, and made a few people cry so you know, I think I did pretty well hahaah!  I now really love the piece, I feel like it's just one of those pieces that I will always associate with music and one that has shaped the clarinet player that I am today.

In my personal life, hmmmm I don't know how to word this.  From growing up, I've come to realise the types of people I want in my life.  Ah I genuinely don't know how to word this.  I don't need to have negative people in my life, mostly people who are negative towards me, if that makes sense?  You meet people who are just amazing and you meet people who you think are amazing but in actual fact they don't want you to succeed and they don't want you to grow and be happy.  I remember doing a post a long while back on The Glass Ceiling and I don't need people in my life who are you going put a glass ceiling above my head.  Simple as that.

2016 has been a year of realising what I am worth.  I can say no to people and I don't have to feel bad about it!  I've got some amazing people who I am so incredibly lucky to call my friends and I have the most beautiful family in the world.  And that is all I need, and I won't be changing for anyone.  It gets quite tiring and it's really not worth it!

And still single as a pringle!  Seriously!  Must be hiding up a tree somewhere hahahah


And lastly I want to quickly touch on university.  2016 was my final year at university and at the start of the year I don't really think it was registering with me that it was my final year at university in my bachelor degree.  It's been an incredible challenge and the interior girls who I worked with all year are an extremely talented bunch and it was a pleasure designing alongside them!

I was pushed to my absolute limits all through the year and sure it was me pushing myself majority of the time and I'm glad to say that it payed off.  I graduated, got myself a degree and also got to dress up and pretend that I was in the Harry Potter universe for a few hours!

But in all seriousness about university.  It wasn't easy, far from it.  However in my final year my two final studio assignments from each semester were two that I am still extremely proud of.  The People's Park and The Espy Hotel.  Hard work does pay and it these and the other assignments I completed showed me what I am capable of and I'm just so proud of myself!

Instagram
Oh Instagram.  Themes, followers, likes, man you are a difficult app sometimes!!  I wish I could remember how many followers I had to the start of 2016 and how many I have now.  Honestly, don't think it would have changed all that much and yes it annoys me but on the other hand it doesn't.  I post what I like to post and I doubt that will change anytime soon!  Yes, I'm more selective on what I'll post compared to when I first got Instagram but I'll still love a good hashtag hahahha

I remember seeing people post their best 9 photos from 2015 and didn't get where they got that from until it clicked haha and so I wanted to see my best 9 in 2016...  Except I checked waaaay too early in the end of the year and it wouldn't let me get my best 9 refreshed towards the end of the year for a while but never fear!  We got there in the end and here they are!


~ My beautiful example of procrastination ~ Manly Beach ~ Fancy Dress Saturday ~
~ Interior inspiration searching ~ An incredibly happy Emma ~ Sydney Opera House ~
~ Henley sunset ~ Sunday morning outing ~ My island home ~
They are very much photos from towards the end of the year but they are some of my absolute favourites!

emmadaisy
Ah my little blog emmadaisy!  While I'll be turning the ripe age of 24 later this year, my blog is soon going to be 3 years old!!  I know people would usually celebrate with something amazing for their blog birthday like giveaways but I doubt I'll be doing that sorry haha I do want to change my template and I'm searching for the one which is just right!  Don't get me wrong, I love how my blog looks at the moment but I feel like a change would be nice and if things don't go as planned I can always go back to this good old template!

We've had a few posts on emmadaisy in 2016, 79 posts.  Looking at the number it's definitely not a huge amount compared to other bloggers but for me it's just what happened!  Of all these posts, I have some that I have personally really loved.  Some are happy, some are sad, some are delicious and some are just ones that really needed to be said!



I'm proud of what I have posted this year.  Probably my favourite one was Why Shaming Of Any Kind Needs To STOP!  It was one which was pushed by personal experience and really shaming doesn't have any place in 2016 and now 2017.  It needs to stops and I hope one day people will be help accountable for their actions!

If you had another post which you loved which I haven't listed above, please let me know!  In the comments or you can tweet it to me!  I'd love to know, would be a great indicator on what I can look at writing about this year!

And I think we are at the end.

2016 has been an incredible year but also a horrible one.  I can't say it's been an amazing year for everyone in the world when it really hasn't.  I just hope that we can all show kindness and love in 2017.  The world needs love, and being kind doesn't cost anything!

Until next time, keep smiling :)   Em xx

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x 

4 comments:

  1. 2016 was a bit of a shit year, but I love seeing posts like this where people look back on the positives in their life in 2016! For me, I got engaged, passed my driving test and got my first car. So it definitely was not all bad! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2016 was a bit of an interesting year... Massive congratulations on your engagement! I remember seeing it and even though I only know you through your blog I was so happy!!! Hope you have an amazing 2017! :) Em xx

      Delete
  2. I love the fact that 2016 has been great to you despite all negativity around. You learned great lessons and achieved a lot if I do say so myself. So I want to wish you only the best for 2017! I am sure that they will be fantastic year for you :) x

    P.S. I looove your Instagram feed, it's so beautiful :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2016 definitely had its ups and downs all through the year haha but I think it was an incredible year for my growth and many important lessons were learnt! Hope your 2017 is the best it can be! Can't wait to see what you get up too! :) Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx