Thursday, 12 January 2017

My 6 Completely Realistic & Achievable Goals For 2017

It is the New Year and we're surrounded by resolutions, intentions and goals for 2017.

I have in the past set goals for myself which I'd have a hard time trying to achieve so I thought 2017 will be my year!  New Year - New Me!  I've paired it back and really given this a lot of thought!  So I've sat down and come up with 6 completely realistic goals which I am going to achieve in 2017!


Get my Hogwarts letter.  I think it's been long enough and I'll already save them the hassle of sorting me because I'm in Slytherin and I've already got a wand sorted so I don't know why this hasn't happened yet.  I reckon it's something to do with me living in Tasmania and probably postage costs with getting the owls here is a bit too much but I will wait patiently!  Patience is a virtue I have heard so yep patience.  You know where I live Hogwarts people.

Learn to fly.  Why walk when you can fly?  Can't get blisters on your feet from flying so I think this is a huge win.  I've had so many dreams which include me flying and I think I've got the technique down so now it is just the matter of taking the plunge/leap and tackling this flying business.  Also it's 2017 so surely humans flying around the place should be the norm by now...?

Join the Avengers.  Seeing as Hogwarts is taking their time getting in touch, I think I'd be a really valuable asset to the team.  I have above average reflexes (this is genuinely true, something I'm pretty chuffed with) so I'd be pretty good at dodging and avoiding things.  I'm pretty easy to get along with so feel free Avengers, I'm keen!

Learn all the languages.  If there is one thing better than learning one new language, it is to learn ALL the languages.  Why stop at one when I can tackle them all.  Imagine the job prospects!  I would have job offers left, right and centre!  I think this would be pretty if I was with the Avengers, because what would happen if you're stuck in a situation and you don't know what the other guy is saying?  Never fear!  Emma knows all the languages!!!

Have a weekend away in Space.  I get that we should explore our surrounds and doorstep but space is essentially our doorstep as well so I think a weekend away there would be incredible!  Imagine the Instagrams!!!

Own that Monster Truck I dreamed of as a little girl.  What person wants a reasonably sized, easy to drive in the streets car when you can have an awesome monster truck.  Specifically the green and white one I remember going past when I was younger.  Really cool vehicle, probably good with petrol and driving, perfect car for me ;)

I am really looking forward to 2017.  Can't wait to see how this all pans out!!!

Ok please tell me while you were reading this you could see the humor?!?!?  I'd be writing then deleting and then writing again and deleting posts on New Years Goals and Resolutions and none of them sounding right, so I decided to do a more lighthearted approach for it!

In all seriousness, I do have goals that I would like to achieve in 2017.  I won't go into too much detail in this post but if you want to see that let me know!

  • Grow more as a person
  • Become more confident
  • Try new things
  • Actually learn to drive
  • Be more creative
  • Learn more skills for the future
  • Be happy

These are just in dot points but like I said, if you'd like to know more I can easily chat about them more in a future post!

I hope so far 2017 has been a new and exciting one for you and that the rest of the year follows in the same way!

Until next time, keep smiling :)   Em xx

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x 

10 comments:

  1. Haha, you got me these, Em! Absolutely loved this post and the humor behind it. I want to enroll in Hogwarts too this year... Anyway! I want to wish you best of luck with your real goals this year. I hope you can reach them all. Also, one of my goals is to learn how to drive as well, so fingers crossed that we both successfully will do that. x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you loved this Leta!! I still chuckle reading through it hahahah I hope we both are successful with our goals for this year as well!! Em xx

      Delete
  2. I love this post, Emma! Of course, I've already gotten my Hogwarts letter and the sorting hat already sent me to Ravenclaw. You'll get yours one day and I'm sure it'll be delivered by some half-giant not-named Hagrid.

    I'm currently learning as much French as I can now. I've been learning it for quite a few years but not until about 2 months ago that I've been trying to get more exposed. Of course, I would love to learn all the languages too :D

    Best wishes this year,

    Ron (new reader) | Nearby Wanderer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ron! Oh you lucky one, bit jealous that you've already received your letter!! I really want to learn Polish, that's the first language I'd like to learn! Thank you for the lovely comment, can't wait to have a look at your blog :) Em xx

      Delete
  3. Haha, this was brilliant! I started off thinking I was about to read a completely serious posts about your NY goals or resolutions, and when I read the first line "Get my Hogwarts letter" I thought "wait, what?!" Really made me laugh! Good luck with your actual goals! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just couldn't help being a little silly with this post ahahhaha and good luck to you as well with whatever you want to achieve in 2017!! Em xx

      Delete
  4. I love how your personality has really come through on this post, I certainly had a good laugh during the first part! and I hope I can learn to drive this year to x

    www.sheintheknow.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much!! Your comment made my day when I saw it!!! Em xx

      Delete
  5. Damn girl, when you get to Hogwarts, you'd better ask where my letter's got to, because I've been waiting for YEARS! Reading this really made me giggle, I absolutely love the different take on the standard 'resolutions' post, so big well done to you! P.S. Can I come to space too??

    Abbey 🌻 www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll be the first thing I'll ask ;) glad this gave you a little giggle! Exactly what I hoped this post would do!!! Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx