Friday, 27 January 2017

My Little Nail Polish Collection

Something that people will usually comment on about me is my hands, specifically my fingers and nails.  I have piano fingers and my nails are quite long!  A lot of people think I have false nails but then they're pleasantly surprised when they see they're all natural!


I have previously published posts on nail polishes in the past but wanted to do one on my whole collection.  Now I've seen other people's collections where they have soooo many polishes and mine is the complete opposite!  I have a pretty small collection, I've never had a huge one and I think this works perfectly for me.  I know I'd get overwhelmed with too many options and I'd would forget about what I've actually got, so you'd have probably gorgeous polishes pushed to the back which isn't a good thing!

Something that people will usually comment on about me is my hands, specifically my fingers and nails.  I have piano fingers and my nails are quite long!  A lot of people think I have false nails but then they're pleasantly surprised when they see they're all natural!

I have previously published posts on nail polishes in the past but wanted to do one on my whole collection.  Now I've seen other people's collections where they have soooo many polishes and mine is the complete opposite!  I have a pretty small collection, I've never had a huge nail polish collection but it was recently reduced because I just had ones which I wasn't using and they were taking up space so they are no more!

I've sorted them by brand and then into colour categories to make things simple and you'll be able to see just how diverse my collection is ;)

Australis 51098 Milky Way.  Just as the name suggests, if you think of the Milky Way and think of this made into a nail polish this is it!  It's an off white polish with tiny and larger pieces of glitter throughout!  Super cute!



Maybelline 241 Sun Flare.  I bought this in a sale at Target I think and was just drawn to the colour.  It is a super bright peachy neon shade and once dry has a shiny finish.
Maybelline 342 Coral Craze.   Again a super bright shade but in coral and this is such a good one for the warmer months in general but I'm that person who would wear it all through the year!




Maybelline 150 Mauve Kiss.  This is a nude brown with hints of a muted purple.  Probably not the best description but I love this one!  This is one that I'll use when I want a no fuss nail polish which isn't in your face but still looks pretty!
Maybelline 228 Tan Lines.   Going to put it out there, this is my favourite out of all that I have in the collection.  As you can see it is the one that I reach for most often and it goes with whatever look I have on and is perfect for anytime of the year!  It's a gorgeous shimmery nude and depending on how many coats you apply depends on how intense it'll be.








Revlon 120 Hushed Blush.  A gorgeous soft nude pink which I honestly do not wear enough!!  I think this will be my next nail colour!  You can check out a post I did on this polish here!
Revlon 141 Angelic.  I wore this to my Graduation Ceremony last year and it's a pearly pale pink and really quite subtle with one coat but with more the colour becomes a lot more solid and defined.  It's not my usual shade to wear on my nails but I felt like something different for my graduation but also something that would go with the bright pink sash we got to wear!
Revlon 705 Gray Suede.  This is my perfect nude.  A mix of a taupe with a slight pink to it, this compliments my skin tone perfectly and is a dream to apply!  It's an extremely wearable polish and I'm very glad it's in my little collection!


I have a post here on a nail combo which I absolutely adore, a Nude Shimmery Nail Combo which uses both Grey Suede and Tan Lines and it is absolutely gorgeous!

Revlon 044 Orient Express.  I am so excited about this one!  I've got in on currently and I am obsessed!  I don't know why I didn't crack out the red nails for Christmas because this would have been perfect!  It's a nice shimmery red with a touch of pink and it applies so well!  You only need one coat with this for a solid finish and adding a coat top just gives it that extra little shimmer!
Revlon 680 Revlon Red.  An extremely gorgeous and vibrant red!  I haven't worn this one in a while and like Orient Express would have been perfect for the festive season!
Revlon 863 Ruby Ribbon.  This one is a goodie!  As much as I love a good shimmer or glossy finish, I never realised my love for a matte finish until I had this!  It's a reddish plum colour and does have a slight shimmer to it but the matte finish!!  Ah my goodness!!  I remember wearing this to uni once and it became the topic of discussion!




Revlon 440 Siren.  I've described this in a previous post, check it out here, as a very bright juicy orange and I'll always get compliments when I wear this one!  Perfect for the warmer months but you know me, I will wear this no matter the season!

Revlon 761 Scandalous.  I don't wear this one enough to be honest.  It's got a black base with bits of purple glitter running through it and does pack a punch to be a statement nail polish when you apply more than one coat!  Because of the glitter running through it, if you don't like the texture you'd need to put on a few top coats so it wouldn't bother you.
Revlon 919 Black Lingerie.   I'm reasonably pale and this one is definitely a contrast against my skin!  It's black, very black and I'd suggest going for more than one coat is you want a solid finish.





Revlon Base + Top Coat.  I'm not going to say I use this each time I do my nail because honestly I don't.  Not because I don't like the product but I find when I use it, when I put the actual polish over the top I can't get it to look like I normally would without the base coat.  Now that is all my doing because it would come back down to my application skills!  I'm also really bad at remembering to put a top coat on, something which I need to work on because it just gives the polish an extra bit of strength so stay put!

And so there you have it, my little nail polish collection!  I do really love Revlon and Maybelline for nails as you can probably tell!


Hope you liked this post!  Do you see any here that you'd love to have in your collection?

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x

2 comments:

  1. I love Maybelline when it comes to nail polishes :) I haven't tried Revlon but some of these shades look gorgeous!

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their formula is amazing! Absolutely love it!! Revlon is also incredible, easily one of my favourite brands for nails hahah as you could probably tell ;) Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx