Tuesday, 31 January 2017

The First Month - January Instagram Diary & Monthly Roundup

2017 you are already going through way too quickly!  How is the first month of January already over??!


I asked whether you wanted me to continue on with this post and the response I got was a yes, so we're back!  I've been doing this type of post for a year, can't believe I kept it up to be honest!  Granted, on a few occasions it was a touch late but sometimes you have to be consistent with being late on blog posts......  Or is this me just trying to cover myself for last year hahaha probably that!

Life
I'm going to be honest, January has been muddled.  A mixture of a good and bad muddled.  This is the first time ever that I've never had a new semester waiting for me.

I graduated last year and have a newly framed piece of paper saying I've got myself a degree.  And now?  Well now I am currently an unemployed stay at home daughter.  Bit of a mouthful.  I know this year, I don't want to go back and study further and honestly I don't see myself doing honors next year.  Maybe I'll do another degree entirely next year or later on in life but who knows?

So it's weird knowing that I won't be going back to a form of education this year.  Very weird.  I remember sitting on the floor in class when I was in Grade 6 and thinking wow I'm about to finish primary school, never thought this day would happen.  And now eleven years later I've completed university and ready to start the next chapter of my life.

Ah but to be twelve years old again.  Some day, I really wish I was a kid again.

Not that long ago, I had a full week of music!  There is a performing arts summer school which I have participated in since it first began and absolutely love it!  Granted my lip is busted by the end but it's always a really fun week!  Music has provided me with so many opportunities and in something I am truly grateful for!  Although I didn't get to work with the younger musicians playing with the advanced musical folk was just as fun!  Even if we did have to play Frozen and I was the butt of everyone's Frozen jokes for the entire week!

While we were able to play some incredible pieces of music, something which I enjoyed the most was the one thing which scared me for the majority of the week.  All the clarinets would be having a one on one lesson with a guy called James*.  Now James is an insanely talented clarinet player, I mean he is incredible.  And for a long time I was terrified of him.  And he would be taking the one on one lessons.  So I waited all week for the lesson and worked myself up about it thinking it would go terribly but when mine finally came around, I wish I could have spent more time with him!  He's a wealth of knowledge in all things clarinet and I do wish he could have been my tutor growing up!  I've got new mouthpieces and reeds to look at but I really didn't need to worry about the lesson!

Apart from music, my January was pretty quiet.  I kept to my daily routine, recently applied for some jobs and I'll be starting to make my portfolio for when I apply for jobs in design firms.  I am a little daunted about starting my portfolio but it's going to be like the one on one lesson, something I was dreading but something that I'll enjoy!

Instagram
A new year of posting photos on Instagram..  And I'll posting from from Adelaide still because they're just too pretty!  I have recently done a lot of unfollowing on social media and it's something I might talk about in a future post but honestly it's been such a good thing.

If you want to follow me on Instagram, you totally should!  I'm super friendly and am over at @emmadaisy___ !! ;)

 ~ 2016 goodies ~ Studio reminder but a gorgeous little home ~
 ~ Loving the tourist life ~ Beach dreaming with Alannah ~
 ~ Thursday scrolling ~ "Summer" ~
 ~ Annual week of music done ~ Sunday cute car day ~
 ~ Oh look another photo from Adelaide ~ All about that healthy lifestyle ~

emmadaisy
First month back on emmadaisy and I have been loving it!  I've still got the same template but am really looking around for a new template, don't get me wrong I love this one and it's served me well but I am just looking for a change.  Change is good.  Keeping things fresh and I can't wait to find that new template which works for me!


I do have a question, and I'm hoping you lovely people reading this will be able to help me out on this.  I want to know what you would like to see on emmadaisy.  Whether you have topics you'd like me to talk about or a type of post you'd like me to try my hand at, please (!) let me know down in the comments!

And also any general bits of constructive criticism which you may have for my blog!  Give us a comment!

And there we have my first Instagram Diary & Monthly Roundup!  Hope you enjoyed it and I hope your January has been an amazing one and I can't wait to see what February and the rest of the year brings to all of us!

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x

6 comments:

  1. i love this blog post !! just amazing :) I love love your style :) good job :)

    New video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWciqZN_Tnw&t=41s

    New post - http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/my-bucket-list.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! Means a lot! Em xx

      Delete
  2. January seemed to go on FOREVER. But everyone else is saying it went so fast. Like, what? Were you even in the same month as me?! Haha. It must be so weird knowing you're not going back to education this year - I can well imagine. I'm sure you'll figure out what you're going to do next, and ways to fill your time soon though! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find it crazy how a month feels so different for everyone! Maybe we'll be in the same February hahahha!! Life will work itself out, in one way or another!! Em xx

      Delete
  3. I love these roundups, so definitely keep these! Also, good to hear that you had quite a chilled and easy month. Best of luck with job hunting, portfolio and your future. I sometimes wish I was a kid too, haha. Everything was so easy back then.

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Leta!! :) Being an adult is such fun hahahah Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx