Saturday, 4 February 2017

9 Current Favourite Tunes - Music On Repeat: Volume 6

Every year Australia has this thing called the Hottest 100.  It's run by a radio station called Triple J and basically everyone picks their top 10 favourite songs of the year and then it all goes together and you get the Hottest 100!  People take this very seriously and you'll often hear "shoulda been higher" when the songs are announced one by one.


100 is a pretty specific number so I'm going to up that by sharing my 9 current favourite tunes.  Could I have rounded it up to 10?  Probably.  But if we're going for honesty, I have to stick to 9!

In no particular other than how they appear in my Spotify playlist here are my current favourite tunes!

This Town - Cheat Codes Remix by Niall Horan & Cheat Codes
Castle on the Hill by Ed Sheeran
Shape of You by Ed Sheeran
This Girl (Kungs Vs. Cookin' On 3 Burners) by Kungs & Cookin' On 3 Burners
Stranger by Peking Duk & Elliphant
Chameleon by Pnau
Issues by Julia Michaels
Take Me Over by Peking Duk & SAFIA
Say My Name by Peking Duk & Benjamin Joesph



I already love This Town and when I heard this remix it was immediately added to my Tunes playlist.  It's a great song to start the day off and does the original so well!  Now Ed Sheeran.  I knew that new music was coming out and the fact that he had his own snapchat filter for the release of new music was just incredible!  I love both his new tunes and can't wait for the rest of the album!  Now to start saving so I can see him on tour when he comes to Australia!!

This Girl is such a feel good song!  That trumpet tune is so catchy and I always have a little boogie whenever this comes on!  I am a recent new listener to Peking Duk!  I started listening to them around the time of the Hottest 100 and was listening to what other people were digging and when I liked what I heard, I needed to hear more!  I've got two other songs from them and adore them!


Not going to lie, I only googled the lyrics for this song earlier today.  I got the Chameleon part and would happily sing along to that but for a lot of the song I'd just hum along because I didn't know what they were saying...!  I can't keep still when this song is on, you just have to move to it!  Issues was a song that I kept hearing on the radio and fell in love!  It's quite a simple song but so easy to listen too and Julia Michaels is definitely an artist I want to continue listening too!

I'm not lying when I say I listen to these 9 songs on repeat!  I go to my Tunes playlist on Spotify, sctoll to the bottom and press play on This Town and I'm set!

I love discovering new tunes to listen too so if you have any you'd think I'd like let me know down in the comments!

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x

2 comments:

  1. I just posted a musical favourites as well and my sister LOVES Shape of You xx
    Ranyel, nocaremoreflare.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check it out!! Your sister has great taste in tunes :) Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx