Monday, 13 February 2017

What To Do On Valentine's Day If You Are Single

If you're not in a relationship Valentine's Day can seem like your worst nightmare.  Social media is full of couples expressing their love, everyone is posting what their significant others got them or are treating them too and it can be a not so great day for those who aren't in a relationship.


For me personally, I don't think much of Valentine's Day.  Granted I'm single so you know I don't have major lovey-dovey plans for Valentine's Day as it is!  #singlepringle

I have 14 things you can do on Valentine's Day if you are single and did I pick 14 specifically because Valentine's Day?  No.  That's way too obvious.  My birthday falls on the 14th so that's why I picked it!

Treat yo self/embrace self love - Pop on a face mask, run a bath, pop on YouTube videos and just relax and treat yourself.  It's the day of love so just go ahead and give yourself some love!!  You deserve it!

Hang out with your single pals - Now important that you only hang out with single pals because if you bring along anyone who is in a relationship, you know just brings the vibes down!

Hide out in a pillow fort - This is a really good way of showing how mature you are and how you like to deal with situations.  Great for blocking people out, a truly under appreciated form of design, really cosy, it's just a win all round!

Do Buzzfeed quizzes on when you'll find your perfect one - These are really insightful.  Although I don't think they're accurate all the time as I'm meant to already be married...  BUT always good to know when your soulmate is about to pop into your life.

Cry it out with some comfort food - Just let it out, and then indulge because you don't want your tum to be rumbling.

Crack out some well thought out movies/tv series - You could have a marathon watching your favourite actor/actress but this could go sideways when you get to thinking why said favourite actor hasn't asked you out yet because you're such a catch!  Oh you could watch some horror/zombie movies, nothing screams (literally) Valentine's Day like some zombies...

Wallow in self pity - sometimes it can be hard to have to say "I'm fine, I love the single life" so just embrace the sulkiness that comes with being single!

Let everyone know that you're single - Because some people may not know because their feeds are full of love and romance so really you'll just be doing everyone a huge favour!

Treat it like any other day - It's really only one day of the year when everyone goes all lovey dovey so just treat is as a normal day.  Don't let their love get to you!!

Fall in love with something new - Wanted to try yoga?  Or a new recipe?  Use this day to try something new!

Listen to/create an playlist full of your favourite tunes - If you want to add in some good old "I don't need no love" type tunes, you do that!  Some of my favourite songs are good old ones like these so you can guess what I'll be playing!

Throw kindness around like confetti - I'm sure we've all heard this before, just be kind!  Send a friend a little package, tweet someone, smile at people!  You could throw some kindness confetti around but you'll have a mess to clean up afterwards but really up to you!  Doesn't cost anything to be kind so just spread some of the good stuff!

Think of the money you are saving - Seriously.  You are doing your bank account a favour!

Sleep the day away - Everyone loves sleep.  Day of love.  I think it's a match made in heaven! 

Now to all my single pals, your day is now sorted!  Going to be the BEST DAY EVER!


But seriously, if you are single on Valentine's Day, just remember it's not the end of the world.  And there is so much you can do on this day.  Really like any other day it's just another day of the year.  If you're single, don't feel bad or beat yourself up over it.  The day is yours, make it however you please!

Whatever you get up to on the 14th of February, I hope you have a fab day!

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x

4 comments:

  1. I'm not a single pringle, but because I'm at uni I will be alone for V day, so deffo going to be doing some of these!xx

    Lucy x | lucy-cole.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I feel you! Hope you had a fab day!! Em xx

      Delete
  2. Yes to all of these! I'm single as well and I honestly couldn't care less about this day. I'm doing extraordinary this day. Well, except the bowling game I went to with few of my friends :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe!! I saw your post and was like oh great minds think alike!! Hope you had fun!! Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx