Monday, 20 March 2017

A Late New Year, New & Improved Blog!

This is one for the memories!

My little old blog has a new look to it and I love it!!! *cheering*


I had been wanting to change up the look of my blog for a while now and was uhhming and aaahing whether to buy a template but could never find one which I was totally happy with.  There are some absolutely incredible templates out there and the people who create them are amazing but while I loved them I didn't feel like they were me.

There was one which was tailored for an editorial type blog and I adored the template and told my mum about it because I thought it just looked so good but it didn't suit the type of blogger that I am.  I am not stylish enough for that template hahahah maybe later on in the future but for right now, it wasn't the right fit!


I had actually been testing this template on out on another blog I have purely for testing templates and kind of forgot about that blog until the other day.  I'd swapped between blog for whatever reason and had a mini freak out thinking I'd been hacked (smart Emma) and saw the funky and simple theme that I had on that blog.  So after remembering how to tweak bits and pieces I did the big change over to emmadaisy and the rest is history!!

The template is actually a free one from the talented Kotryna Bass Design and in the future I'm 99% sure I'll be buying a template from her!  I just love how simple and clean it is and it is perfect for me right now!  Definitely a late new year and a new and improved blog.

Another thing I loved about this template is you were given a little guide for instillation and for a gal who isn't the best with fiddly tech things I was able to get my blog up and running pretty quickly!  I have a few more things to add in but I won't be pulling at my hair trying to figure out how to do it!


You might have also seen right at the top of my blog something is a little different...  Made myself a nice new little header with the help of Canva!  And again I really love it!  And hopefully my little icon in your browser will have updated itself soon as well!!

I'm very much the type of person who only commits to things when they're 100% happy with it and right now I am so happy with my little corner on the internet!

A change is as good as a holiday and I can't agree more!

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x

6 comments:

  1. I like the new blog! :)

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Katherine!! :) Em xx

      Delete
  2. Love the new look, and the new header! x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I'm so happy with it!! Em xx

      Delete
  3. I love your new look! Looks very fresh, simple and just beautiful :) Also, lovely to see that you used Kotryna's template, loving the fact that she's so well known now in blogosphere and actually let's people know that such country as Lithuania exists, haha :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you lovely :) I'm so happy with how it looks! Not going to lie but I found about about Kotryna though you so I have you to thank for introducing me to her wonderful self! Adore her templates and one day I'll definitely be buying on from her :) Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx