Wednesday, 29 March 2017

March Top Five

I've looked forward to this post quite a bit this month!  So much that I accidentally published it even before I'd taken photo and edited it all!  Bit of a huge opps moment for me!

I feel like March has been a good month for the Top Five!  Ed Sheeran is in there so you know it's going to be good!  And also we have some apps coming in, which I am also loving!

Ed Sheeran - HE IS BACK AND I LOVE IT AND I DON'T KNOW WHY I HAVEN'T SPOKEN OUT THIS SOONER!  I am a huge fan of Ed and have loved every album he's previously released and this one is no different! I did kind of want it to be called pi but maybe that will happen in the future!  I've heard people saying they don't like how varied the album is stylistically but I personally really enjoy it all!  To pick one favourite song would be a nightmare because all 16 tracks are incredible.  Granted when I was folding towels and had Supermarket Flowers playing I did start crying hahahah there are tracks which are great to have a boogie too, ones which are perfect for singing in front of the mirror with a hairbrush for a microphone and one that are just damn good tunes!


Lifesum - I saw this app mentioned in a video from Jamie and Nikki and I was quite interested and downloaded it to check it out and I like what I'm seeing!  I am currently on the free plan but you still get a lot of use out of the app.  You can log everything that you've eaten and scan barcodes which is incredible!  I can't tell you how annoying it is when you have a healthy lifestyle app and you want to log food but it's tailored for every country except Australia.  Scanning the barcode of your food is just the best and you get that little beep like at the supermarket and it's really fun!  You can track how much water you've had, what exercise you've done, there are meals on there and also a series of plans which you can follow.  It's really easy to use and I really prefer this over other apps I've tried in the past!


Sleep Cycle - I was lying in bed and was meant to be sleeping but was scrolling through my phone and this app popped up as an add somewhere and I was like hmmmm a sleeping app let's check this out!  You select what times you want to wake up between, click start, and then with your phone on charge sit your phone face down with the microphone pointing towards you and then you are all sorted!  There is also another way of placing your phone where you have it underneath your pillow but I haven't tried that way yet.  The app analyses your sleep and wakes you up when you are in your lightest sleep phase.  You can a funky look graph of how you've slept through the night and it was quite an eye opener and whenever I use this app (I've been slack because I'll listen to podcasts) I wake up in a better mood and find it a lot easier to start my day!  My one dislike with this app is that you aren't able to listen to any music, podcasts, white noise eg once you've clicked to get started.  And while this is a tiny thing and if you get the paid for version you get access to sleep aids, I really like having a podcast on while I'm falling asleep and do kinda miss them whenever I'm using this app!  But apart from that it's a fab app!


The Circle - I found this book through an ad on Facebook because it's being made into a movie and the trailer kept popping up.  I saw Emma Watson and not going to lie, this was a huge reason why I wanted to go out and get the book!  The movie also looks great but I want to read the book first!  I've only just started but I am loving it and usually give it a read before bed or when I want to keep my mind moving but not use technology!  The book itself also looks cool so if we're judging books by covers I'd give this one a thumbs up!  Without spoiling what happens and also because I'm not that far into the book myself you follow the story of Mae Holland who lands a job at The Circle and while things seem great when you look deeper there is another side to it all!  I'll have a photo of the blurb on the back of the book for you so you can have a read of that!  I can't wait to read more of it and also see the movie when it is released!!

Playing a completely different instrument -  I play the clarinet, have been playing this glorious instrument for goodness knows how many years and within that time I've taught myself how to play other instruments.  Flute, saxophone, guitar (not the best at this), piano, the triangle, trumpet and I can already play the violin so sometimes I feel like I should be a walking musical act hahah however, something I've never really learnt how to play was really anything in the percussion section, well minus the triangle hahaha I have music competitions coming up and was helping out with a younger band and was put on an electric vibraphone..  I've played the xylophone before but just for fun and in this case I had to get a violin bow and run it along the keys and my goodness it was the weirdest thing ever.  I don't know if I'll actually have to play in the percussion section at the competitions because one that would be terrifying but it'll also be a nice change from clarinet hahah

Question, does anyone reading play an instrument?  Let me know!

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x

6 comments:

  1. I wish I played an instrument! I have been loving ed's album too, Supermarket Flowers is such a beautiful song!xx

    Lucy x | lucy-cole.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Playing an instrument is one of my favourite things that I do! Love it! How good is the album??! I cried when I first listened to Supermarket Flowers!!! Em xx

      Delete
  2. I played the guitar as a kid and the drums as a teen. I miss them! Lifesum looks like a great app. I have just been trying of the S+ ResMed which monitors and tracks your sleep! X
    Lola Mia // www.lolitabonita.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I wish so bad that I could play more than 2 chords on the guitar hahaha you should grab one if you can and have another play! I might have a look at the app you've mentioned! :) Em xx

      Delete
  3. I can play a bit of guitar but that's it. I wish I played more, especially piano. Also, I am in love with Ed and his music, so I am just as obsessed with his new album as you are. I cannot pick a favourite, so don't ask, haha :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to start playing piano again!! Ahhh how good is Ed??!?!?!?!! ehhehe Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx