Wednesday, 21 June 2017

Golden Hour During Winter

Winter can be really cold.  Some people say the cold never bothered them anyway.  I sometimes say that but then really I'd be lying because some days it is FREEZING and all I want to do is stay in bed and hide under the covers.

But what is truly glorious about winter is when we have winter sun and probably my most favourite part of the day (all throughout the year) is the Golden Hour.


The sun is setting.  And everything is just golden and subtle and warm and it's beautiful.  I love the sky.  It's a beautiful pale blue moving to a soft then more intense glow towards the sun.  I can look out the windows and see the contrast between the shadows and the now golden green grass.

My bedroom is warm.  The sun is shining gently in and I could just sit facing towards the sun and soak it all up.

Bliss.  Golden Hour is bliss.

It's my favourite time to sit down and just chill.  Do nothing.  Maybe pop some chill music on and just listen and watch the world go by outside. 


And now to go and make the house more cosy!

I hope you get to enjoy Golden Hour wherever you live :)

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x

4 comments:

  1. Lovely shots! I love Golden Hour and how lovely it gets during it. It's a perfect timing for a little photoshoot :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely :) it's just so pretty! Can't get enough of it :) Em xx

      Delete
  2. This post makes me happy. I didn't actually know that there was a name for this hour, until a few weeks ago. I kept telling my husband that I love the sun shining through the window and would just sit and stare at it and he told me it's Golden Hour. Now it's my favourite time too! :) It's like being the first one up and seeing the sunrise, any moment that just feels peaceful with a bit of sunlight is lovely! :)
    Love your photos too! :)

    Kelly
    www.theblossomtwins.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yay! I think it's easily one of those not appreciated enough times of the day!! Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx