Wednesday, 5 July 2017

A Change In The Same Direction

Deciding what you want to do with you life while you're young is crazy.

From being considered a minor, you're then flung headfirst into making decisions and that is daunting.  Very daunting.


In my final year at college, I was 18 and went through about 6 career changes.  Nursing, teaching, science, becoming a photographer, working with children, but everything always came back to me studying something to do with design.  And it was a toss up between architecture and interior design when it came down to it.

In saying that I've had a rough idea of what I've waned to do.  I've always been interested in design.  All of design, I love it and followed through with that passion and to study interior design at university and graduated last year.  I adore interior design, absolutely adore it but I also love other bits of design.  I love design as a whole, everything that goes into design I love.  I dabbled with the thought of me going back to uni and finishing off the degree but doing architecture (heck).  Honors was and is also on the cards for either next year of later but something else that has always been in the back of my mind is graphic design.

Like I said, I love everything to do with design.  And I've always been interested in graphic design.  I may not have vocalised that love but it is something I've noted.  Was quite funny, at my music rehearsal someone said to be "oh but you've never mentioned that you like graphic design"...  Yes that's true, but I also like pottery and alpacas but you don't hear me harping on about those either!!

Last week I went to an information session for a graphic design course.

So I'm looking at a change in the same direction.  Still in the design field but having a look at another aspect of it!

Doing this graphic design course will allow me to better my skills with Adobe products, understand more within design, meet more people in the industry, I'll grow as a creative and really it'll have me engaging my creative side.


Lately I have felt swamped with the options that I have.  And it feels weird to have so many options but to feel swamped by them all.  I could further my degree in interior design and do honors, or I could go back to university and study architecture and be an architect on top of me also being an interior designer.  I could go and study teaching at university and follow that path or I could go and finish the Bachelor of Musical Arts and then look at having a career in music or teaching music.  I could try (emphasis on try) to get a job, any job and just work (work work work work) and then look at things later down the track.  I was also asked whether I'd consider my blog as a career but this little space on the internet isn't up to that stage haha no where near it!

So I have felt a little swamped.

I should be having an interview with the graphic design folk soon and I'm hoping I'll be able to sign up and start as soon as I can because I'm itching to getting creative again!

So I'm making a change in the same direction.  I said that before but saying it again never hurt anyone!  Whatever happens, I'll keep you posted as it could change my schedule and I'll also have new content for you all which is exciting!  I'll try to keep the complaining to a minimum because we all know how I was when I was studying at university?

Has anyone else made changes in their life like this?  How did it all go for you?  Everything it an opportunity for new experiences so I'm looking forward to it :)  

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x

4 comments:

  1. "A change in the same direction"... I like that a lot.
    It definitely seems like you're a multi-talented gal to be into topics as far reaching as science, teaching and photography! I think that's incredible, though!

    Good luck!
    I hope this new direction goes well!

    Steph
    www.socialspying.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Steph :) I think I want to make a print out of those words haha I so hope this new adventure goes well as well!! Em xx

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your new direction, m'lovely! I definitely agree with you, it's so difficult to decide what you want to do with your future when you're so young! I think you're absolutely doing the right thing by exploring different options - when the right one comes along, it will be brilliant! Can't wait to hear how you find graphic design!

    Abbey 😘 www.abbeylouisarose.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abbey!!! It's just so stressful the future hey haha but I am looking forward to this new adventure :) Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx