Monday, 10 July 2017

Celebrating Your Achievements

On Sunday, I had a full day of music.  And I'm buggered now and want to sleep but that wouldn't be the most productive day out there!


It was a hectic day.  For the morning session I ran tutorial sessions with the clarinets and flutes and that was interesting.  You definitely get a sense of what it would be like being a teacher and it's without a doubt an eye opener!  You get to work with so many people and they're all different and what works for one, won't work for another.

And the you will always gets ones who won't stop talking and then don't like when you ask then to stop.  And then there is that awkward tension in the room but hey we're there to make music not talk about memes and shoes!

And then in the afternoon, I had a rehearsal with the senior music people.  And if there was anything that I should take away from those hours of rehearsals was to celebrate your achievements no matter how big or small they may seem.

I've probably rambled about this before but for a set of championships I've got at the end of the year, the A-Grade test piece is Year Of The Dragon by Philip Sparke.  It's intense, makes my fingers feel like they're going to dislocate or snap, and it has seemed like an impossible task to achieve.  However we're making progress and that should be celebrated.


There is a bit in the song which is stupid for the clarinets.  I say stupid and I mean stupid and Philip if you're reading this, why?  Why is it like this because I'm having to slip my finger because my clarinet doesn't have an extra key and my pinky finger is hating me?  Also why if it just so hectic for clarinets full stop?

Enough complaining Emma hahah

So the stupid bit of music is hard but yesterday there were so many times that we got all the notes in the right place, in the right time and it sounded exactly how it was meant to sound.

So when we stopped, I had to say something to the clarinets.  Because we've all been working so hard, especially on this tricky bit and our hard work is paying off!

You wouldn't believe how much spirits were lifted after I said that.  That little boost of confidence did so much good and it was like everyone just took it up another gear and just played their hearts out as best as they could.

I was so proud and after that rehearsal, I was motivated to do even more practicing and for about an hour I went over one bit gradually increasing the tempo.  Although I think I have to double the tempo which I'm playing at, atleast now I'm getting some muscle memory of where my fingers are meant to be and just watch out world when we have to perform it in September!!!

So.  Moral of this blog post on a Monday.  Or whatever day you're reading this on.

Celebrate your achievements.  No matter how big or small.

Say it out loud, give yourself a pat on the back, maybe treat yourself if you want.

Celebrate the achievements of others.  Lift their confidence and give them that boost of motivation :)

Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx 

PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x

2 comments:

  1. That's great you lifted their spirits, always a good feeling to do that to others!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a small and lovely thing to do to give people that boost of confidence :) Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx