Monday, 3 July 2017

Let It Snow (please) - June Instagram Diary & Monthly Roundup

At Christmas I don't get to experience a White Christmas because it's summer in Australia.  And there would have to be some serious problems in the world for it to be snowing in summer in Australia.  However, we're now in winter.  I don't live in a hot part of the country.  Tasmania gets quite chilly in winter and I think it's about time it snowed where I live!

Yes I could drive up a mountain or go up the lakes to see snow but I think it would be cooler if it snowed at my home.  Like it did two years ago, except I was stuck in a furniture class.  It snowed in town, where I was, but I was on the wrong side of town.  How unfair!?!?!

I just would really love some snow.  Just so I could say "yay it snowed" and then I'd be all good! 



Life
Hmmmm life.  I sometimes wonder whether I'm doing the right thing in life.  I'll have people asking me what my plans are, why I've chosen to do something, other people telling me I'm wasting my time and to follow this career path, and other people just doing whatever they're doing.  Adult life isn't all sunshine and daisies.  I was never the kid who wanted to grow up, I'm a kid at heart and there are so many moments where I would love to go back to being a kid.  But we aren't that advanced in technology for that so I'll keep on getting older hahaha

June was a good month for thinking.  About everything.  And also drinking all the cups of tea.

It's funny when people think you have your life all planned out for you.  Things could change.  Interests could evolve and differ and go on a similar but different path to the one you originally chose.  But at the end of the day it's up to you, you have to do what you want to do.  If things go badly you have to acknowledge that but if it makes you happy, is something you want to have a go at then what is stopping you?

Deep and meaningfuls are a plenty here on emmadaisy hahaha

Music has been a challenge.  A complete challenge and I am nervous as anything for championships that are 8 weekend rehearsals away.  It is insane the test piece and I still can't play it.  It's the type of piece where one the composer has no idea what it's like to actually play the clarinet.  Joyous times where I feel like my fingers are going to snap or even better I'm going to snap because I'm about to throw something hahaha

But it's a challenge and on our rehearsal on Thursday, I was so proud of my clarinets.  So incredibly proud and whatever happens happens, and they're all doing an incredible job.

June has also been a month where I am cooking more.  I'm more picky with what I want to eat now and for example, prefer to make my version of a tomato sauce instead of using one from a bottle.  I know what I've put into my 'sauce' whereas I can't say the same for the bottle.  It's interesting how our taste changes over time.  I used to want to eat bacon allllll the time.  I loved me some bacon and would always get the breakfast options which included bacon.  Now not so much.  Just give me all the vegetables.  I'll still eat meat but it's not something I have on the regular, and when I do have meat I am the most pickiest eater on the planet!

Food is interesting.  I eat what makes me feel good.  I think that's the best way to go about things because not every 'diet' is going to suit everyone.  I also despise the term 'diet'.  I wouldn't say what I'm doing is a 'diet', it's a lifestyle and it's just me eating foods that I like, that are yummy and that agree with my body!  Also how many times can I say diet...?

Instagram
You know that great moment when you hit a milestone and then the next minute you're just lost a handful of followers and then everyone decides they're going to unfollow you so you now no where near that little milestone?  You feel?  That happened to me in June hahahha  hit the 500 followers on Instagram and maybe an hour later, I'd lost 20 followers and I was like thank you so very much.

First world problems people hahah!

Also what have people thought about VSCO Cam changing their app up?  I always use them to edit photos and now they're changing and I don't know if it's worth $20 for one filter.  I'm not sure about it all yet!  What apps do you use for editing your photos for Instagram?  I had a look at the actual filters on Instagram and might go and use some of the new ones, if I can't find anything else that suits!


~ Unknown chap with cool specs ~ Conservatorium views ~ Year throwback of The People's Park ~ More Mona ~
~ Uber confident clarinet player ~ Sunday afternoon bliss ~ Macaron Merchant wishing ~ Chilly mornings ~


emmadaisy
I want to toot my own horn/clarinet for a tiny bit.  I am so proud of myself for pretty much keeping up with the schedule that I set as a spur of the moment decision back in April!  April!  3 months later and there have only been a handful/less than that of times where I haven't published a blog post.  Like I said it was a spur of the moment decision to start posting 3 times a week but I have been loving it.  I was uhmming and ahhing whether to just go Monday and Thursday but at the time I had so much content bubbling up and me wanting to share so I took the plunge and went to the Monday, Wednesday and Friday routine.

And I am giving myself a little pat on the back because we're now in July and I have content planned for the majority of this month!  Still have to write everything but you know pat on the back for me!  There could and probably will come a time in the near future where my blog posts get reduced but I'll cross that bridge when it comes!


Here is to another month!  Where it will hopefully snow and Emma won't keep harping on about it hahaha
Until next time, keep smiling :)  Em xx
PS!  Come and say hello!!! :) x

4 comments:

  1. You have no idea how much I wish we had white Christmas' 😔 I'd love to be able to go play in the snow in my backyard, then come inside and enjoy a hot drink in the front of the heater (or fire, for those lucky enough). Ahh, maybe one day I can spend Christmas overseas!

    http://www.thesmalladventurer.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dilemmas from living on the wrong side of the world hahah I feel ya girl! I so hope I can spend Christmas overseas one day as well :) Em xx

      http://edoublemamurray.blogspot.com.au/

      Delete
  2. I would LOVE a white Christmas! But here in the UK, if it's going to snow, it will snow in Feb/March >:( Haha. I feel you on the whole IG followers - for ages I was so close to 1000, then over 1000, then back under 1000! So frustrating. Don't despair though, you'll get there :) x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I shouldn't let the Instagram stuff bother me but it's so frustrating! And I'm not even trying to do anything to gain a following but I"m like "WHY YOU FOLLOW ME TO JUST UNFOLLOW MEEEE?!?!" hehahhahaha Em xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! I love reading each and every one of them and will always reply to them whenever I can!

Please feel free to leave your blog links when you comment, as I always love to read new blog!

If you want a quick response for any questions you have, you can always send me a tweet: @emmadaisy___ :) Em xx